Mountain Lamp is located in the foothills of the North Cascade Mountains on 115 acres of meadow and forest. It is a beautiful and quiet place with a lush garden and orchard. We enjoy a daily practice schedule of meditation, with an emphasis on mindfulness in everything we do: eating, walking and working, and invite you to join in fully with our daily practice.
Should you want an orientation to mindfulness and meditation practice, please ask us in advance. There are two resident teachers here: Jack Duffy, Roshi (in the Diamond Sangha lineage); and Eileen Kiera, Dharmacarya (appointed by Thich Nhat Hanh) who are available to meet with people individually on many mornings during sitting meditation.
We look forward to practicing with you.
Cost of personal retreats is as follows:
- $25/day for a day visit with no overnight stay
- $55/day for less than 5 days
- $350/1 week ($50/day)
- $450/2 weeks ($25day)
- $675/3 weeks ($32/day)
We provide 3 vegetarian meals. Please let us know if you have any medically prescribed dietary restrictions, and we will do our best to provide what you need.
Daily schedule *
- 5:30 am, wake
- 6:00 – 8:00 am, sitting & walking meditation
- 8:00 am, community breakfast
- 8:30 am, work meeting
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, work
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm, lunch and cleanup
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, free time / study
- 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm, sitting & walking meditation
- – informal dinner and free time
* Mondays & Tuesdays are Lazy Days, with no formal schedule
Please fill out the registration form below and send it along with a $55 deposit.